We're already suckers for a good granola + fruit bowl, but this one takes the cake. Nutritionist Kate Jenkins shows us how to make a delectable olive oil granola with super special CBD infused berries. After one try, we think you'll need this every morning.
A note from Kate: This granola recipe was born from my love of chunky granola that falls in the not-too-sweet, nourishing, and jam-packed with nutrients category. Healthy-fat filled nuts, seeds, and coconut bind together with flax meal to create giant chunks of goodness. Adding bright and rich Brightland's ALIVE accents every bite, while cinnamon provides an essential warmth. The Rosebud CBD-infused berries on top are literally the cherry on top of these bowls. Because berries are so naturally sweet and soft, they absorb every bit of CBD to truly make them incredible. CBD-berries on top of olive oil granola: magic.
Grain-Free Cinnamon Olive Oil Granola with CBD-Infused Berries (Gluten Free and Vegan)
- ¾ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup ground flax meal
- ⅓ cup buckwheat groats
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Flaky sea salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ cup Brightland's ALIVE
CBD-Infused Berries Ingredients
- 2 cups mixed berries of choice (such as blackberries and raspberries)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1-2 mL Rosebud 1000mg CBD oil
Plain yogurt, to serve
On any given day of the week, you can find me in my tiny Portland kitchen eating homemade granola. It’s my perfect snack (eaten by the handful), simple breakfast paired alongside seasonal fruit, and always satisfies a craving when i’m looking for something crunchy.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add walnuts, pecans, and pumpkin seeds to a food processor or high speed blender. Pulse once or twice to slightly break nuts and seeds down. Add to a large bowl along with flax meal, buckwheat groats, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and salt. Stir well.
- Add in vanilla, maple syrup, and Brightland's ALIVE. Stir well to combine.
- Pour granola onto baking sheet and use a spatula to press granola together in the center. Granola should be in one single-layer, but should not be spread out. The closer the granola is, the more delicious chunks there will be! Bake granola 15-17 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes. When ready, use your hands to break granola into large chunks.
- While granola bakes, prep berries. Add berries (cut in half if they are large) to a bowl. Sprinkle with coconut sugar and add CBD oil. Stir well to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes
- Prepare bowls: add yogurt of choice to a bowl. Sprinkle with chunky granola and drizzle with berries and berry/CBD syrup. Dig in and devour!
- Leftover granola will keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks. CBD-infused berries will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. They also taste amazing on ice cream or a bowl of warm oatmeal, FYI!
Kate is a nutritionist with a master’s degree in nutrition, recipe developer, photographer, and blogger based in Portland, Oregon. She believes in eating real, whole, nourishing foods that make every single cell in your body happy - and that are truly delicious. Seasonal recipes, wholesome ingredients, and a whole lot of nutrition nerdiness can be found on her Instagram @vegukate and blog, vegukate.com