February marks the launch of our newest member of the Brightland family, ROSETTE, a Garlic Olive Oil with a label designed by California-based multimedia artist Lilian Martinez. To celebrate the launch, we have a special edition of BrightRx this month to show how to cook with ROSETTE.
Yasmin Fahr is a food writer whose recipes have appeared online and in print publications such as The New York Times, The Kitchn, Food52, and more. Her first book, Keeping it Simple, was named a best spring 2020 cookbook pick by The New York Times and Forbes. She has shared with us a delicious mushroom pasta using ROSETTE that is perfect for a weeknight meal.
"A weeknight staple that goes beautifully with ROSETTE as it enhances the existing garlic flavor in the pasta, though almost any of Brightland's oils could be substituted and be equally as delicious. You can also cook the pasta in a separate pot while you cook the mushrooms to reduce the cooking time."
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb dried wholewheat penne
- 2 tablespoons ROSETTE garlic olive oil, plus more for the pasta
- 1 lb mix mushrooms, woody stems removed and cut into thin slices (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, minced or grated
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or basil leaves and fine stems, roughly chopped