Here at Brightland, it’s no secret we love our pets. Our founder, Aishwarya, has two: a rescue terrier mix and a rescue cockapoo.
Those sweet, furry creatures come into our lives and fill our hearts with so much joy and love. As any pet owner knows, pets are not an accessory. They’re family. And they deserve the nourishing, antioxidant properties of fresh olive oil as much as we do.
Olive oil — when fresh and served in moderation — has immensely beneficial properties for both dogs and cats. Heart, joint, and immune system health, plus a shinier coat!
In honor of National Love Your Pet Day, we’re sharing a special recipe for a delicious olive oil treat to delight your pup.
RECIPE: Olive Oil Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup whole grain, organic rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsalted, unsweetened, natural peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of Brightland (ALIVE is preferable, but AWAKE also works)
- ½ cup filtered water
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Grease your baking sheet with a thin layer of Brightland olive oil or line with parchment paper.
3. In a large serving bowl, mix flour, oats, and cinnamon.
4. In a separate bowl, mix peanut butter, Brightland ALIVE, and eggs. Stir this mixture, then combine into the other bowl. Add water.
5. On a floured surface, knead the dough into a flat rectangle. The dough should be as thick as you want the treats to be. If you have a cookie cutter, you can cut shapes. Transfer to pan.
6. Bake 40 to 60 minutes until firm.
7. Set to cool and serve!