Brightland + ........Indian food? Yes. As a company founded by an Indian American, we vehemently believe that Brightland can be used in all kinds of unexpected fare from around the world - and that includes dishes from Brightland founder Aishwarya's heritage. It also helps to have the taste stamp of approval from one of the best Indian food cooks we know: Aishwarya's mama, who swears by Brightand in all of her cooking. We are jazzed to share this recipe for easy, spicy South Indian potatoes, featuring Brightland.
1. A bag of tri-colored baby potatoes
2. 1 1/2 teaspoons of Brightland's AWAKE
3. 3/4 teaspoon of mustard seeds
4. 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
5. 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric (we like Diaspora Co)
6. Salt to taste
1. Chop potatoes into square cubes.
2. Add Brightland to a shallow pan and wait for it to heat up.
3. Add mustard seeds and wait until they start popping.
4. Add potatoes into the pan.
5. Add turmeric, salt and chili powder and mix together.
6. Cook covered until the potatoes are fully cooked; should be 10-13 minutes.
7. Drizzle Brightland on top.
South Indian Potatoes are beautiful with rice and plain greek yogurt.