Crunchy, Creamy Green SaladRecipe by: Noreen Wasti
Brightland's Chef in Residence, Noreen Wasti, has shared the recipe for a crunchy, vibrant spring salad full of greenery and dressed with our new, limited-run Spring Salad Capsule.
"Spring is here, mostly hypothetically in my kitchen, while it’s pouring and grey outdoors today. This bright, green salad has me looking forward to a new season — crunchy butter lettuce, thinly sliced radishes and cucumber with big chunks of gorgonzola and toasted pecans."
"The dressing is made with grated garlic, dijon, PARASOL & ALIVE and a bit of sour cream and buttermilk. I love the sharp contrast of the acidity with the creamy elements." -Noreen Wasti
For the vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 Tbsp buttermilk
- 1/3 cup of Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- 2 tbsp of Brightland PARASOL vinegar
- 1 In a small bowl whisk the garlic, dijon mustard, sour cream, buttermilk, and PARASOL till combined.
- 2 Add in ALIVE and whisk with vigor till creamy and emulsified.
- 3 Season to taste with salt & pepper.
"This is an everyday salad you’ll find yourself eating all the way to the end of summer, make it a meal with your favorite protein — grilled fish or flank steak, soft boiled eggs, avocado...it all works." -Noreen Wasti
For the salad
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Handful thinly sliced cucumber
- Handful thinly sliced radish
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 4 ounces gorgonzola cheese, at room temperature
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 Remove the core from the butter lettuce and arrange leaves on a serving platter.
- 2 Drizzle the vinaigrette evenly over every leaf.
- 3 Add the cucumber and radish slices on top with big chunks of gorgonzola cheese and the toasted pecans.