How to Create a Memorable Gift with Garlic Confit
Our Chef in Residence, Noreen Wasti, has shared the ultimate giftable treat with us this holiday season. Her recipe for Garlic Confit in LUCID is so simple to make, yet certain to impress.
"This garlic confit is a little bit of delicious magic — a handful of ingredients and incredibly simple to prepare, you’ll find yourself reaching for it often. Garlic cloves slowly confit in the oven with lemony LUCID olive oil and a few aromatics: thyme, pink peppercorns, and a bay leaf. The garlic transforms into mellow, sweet, spreadable, little morsels that will find their way into almost any dish you’re whipping up. Once you’ve made your way through the garlic, you’re left with the most fragrant garlic infused olive oil — it’s the gift that keeps on giving. A perfect edible gift for the holiday season!"
Here are nine ways Noreen loves to use garlic confit:
- spread on toasted sourdough with smashed avocado, topped with flaky salt and microgreens
- toss a few cloves into any pasta, adding richness and depth
- make into a paste and add to a vinaigrette to dress any salad
- smash into a paste and spread it on the base of a savory galette or quiche, it’s literally a layer of garlic goodness
- blend in the food processor with room temp butter till fluffy to create a delicious whipped butter
- make into a paste and add to crème fraîche or sour cream with herbs and lemon for an easy dip
- fry up some eggs in the reserve oil with plenty of chili flakes
- blend with herbs, capers, and anchovies for a punchy salsa verde/chimichurri
- make into a paste and use as a marinade for lamb chops or chicken thighs
*Notes* 3 heads yields about one jar of garlic confit, measurements aren’t too important here. If you’d like to make a larger quantity, just add more garlic and make sure you use enough oil so that the cloves are covered."