GreenPan, makers of toxin-free nonstick cookware, partnered with Brightland to create this savory, seasonal sweet potato-stuffed flatbread with our ALIVE olive oil and their Reserve Blush pan. We love serving these flatbreads as a side with curries or paired with a fresh green salad.
For the Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbsp of Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 In a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. Add oil and water and stir with a fork until water is absorbed.
- 2 Mix with hands until dough begins to form, adding water a tablespoon at a time if mixture seems too dry.
- 3 Turn dough out onto a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic—about 3 to 5 minutes. Form dough into a ball, cover, and rest at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
- 4 Preheat oven to 200°F.
For the Filling
- 1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potato (about 3 potatoes)
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Place all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine evenly.
For the Flatbread
- Rested dough
- Prepared filling
- Brightland ALIVE olive oil, for frying
- Chutney or plain yogurt, for dipping
- 1 Stuff the flatbreads—Divide dough into 4 equal pieces, working with one at a time and keeping the rest covered.
- 2 Shape dough into ball and roll out on a lightly floured surface into an 8-inch circle.
- 3 Spread 1/4 of the filling over half of the circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edge. Brush the unfilled border with a little water and fold the other half of dough over filling. Press firmly around the edges to ensure a tight seal. Continue stuffing the rest of the flatbreads.
- 4 Fry the flatbreads—Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 stuffed flatbreads and fry, pressing down gently on edges to ensure even browning.
- 5 When underside is golden brown—about 2 minutes—flip and cook the other side for a minute or two, until golden and crispy.
- 6 Transfer to a cooling rack over a sheet pan and place in warm oven while you cook the second batch.
- 7 Serve hot with a side of yogurt or chutney for dipping.