Amy Holt of @peasthankyou, and dear friend of Brightland, has created a beautiful PARASOL Panzanella Salad with Burrata.
July marks the launch of a new addition to the Brightland family. After two golden years, we are introducing fruit-forward, double-fermented and family-farm to table vinegars, each with their own distinct flavor palate and tasting notes, lovingly made in California. PARASOL is a raw champagne vinegar that is double fermented with California chardonnay grapes and juicy Navel and Valencia oranges. RAPTURE is a raw balsamic vinegar that is double fermented with California zinfandel grapes and ripe Triple Crown blackberries.
For the salad
- 1 small ciabatta loaf - cut into 1 inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 tbsp Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- 1 tsp himalayan salt
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes (use different colors if possible)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - cut in half
- 1 Persian cucumber - sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion - very finely sliced
- 3 tbsp capers - drained
- 10 large basil leaves - coarsely chopped
- 1 large ball of burrata
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 garlic clove - minced
- 1/4 cup Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp grain mustard
- 1/4 cup juice of the tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 3 tbsp Brightland PARASOL champagne vinegar
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut ciabatta loaf into 1 inch cubes. Place the cut cubes onto a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tbsp Brightland ALIVE olive oil and a pinch of salt. Mix to ensure all cubes are coated and place into the oven. Cook for 15 minutes until the bread has toasted, browned and hardened. Take out of oven and set aside to cool.
- 2 Meanwhile cut tomatoes into small bite size pieces and place them into a colander, set inside a large bowl. Sprinkle a large pinch of salt over the sliced tomatoes, mix and allow to rest for 10 minutes. The liquid will leave the tomatoes and fall into the bowl underneath the colander. Save this juice for the vinaigrette.
- 3 Slice the cucumber and red onion and place into a large bowl. Add the drained capers and toasted ciabatta bread.
- 4 In a small bowl mix together the minced garlic, dijon mustard, grain mustard, Brightland PARASOL champagne vinegar, Brightland ALIVE olive oil, juice of the tomatoes, salt and pepper and mix well to combine all the flavors.
- 5 Add the tomatoes into the bowl with the cucumbers, onion, capers and toasted bread. Then drizzle the vinaigrette over the top. Mix well to combine, allow everything to sit for about 3-5 minutes for the toasted bread to absorb the sauce. Add in the chopped basil leaves, mix and plate.
- 6 Place pieces of the burrata over the tops of the distributed salads. Add fresh cracked pepper and a pinch of salt to the burrata. Enjoy!