A spicy, hearty, healthy salad from the lovely Amy Holt of @peasthankyou. Add this one to your dinner party go-to's, trust us.
Spicy Curried Charred Corn, Pepper & Onion Salad
- 3 corn husks
- 2 red peppers
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 5 tsp Brightland's ALIVE
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- pinch of both salt and pepper
- 4 radishes
- 1 tbsp feta cheese
- spicy red pepper
- Wash and slice peppers and onions- set aside.
- Take corn out of husk and cut in half.
- Heat cast iron to high heat. Drizzle 1 tsp Brightland's ALIVE into cast iron. Place corn cobs onto cast iron. Cover and allow to char, move around a few times every few minutes to ensure equal cooking. Take out of cast iron and allow to cool down.
- Meanwhile, drizzle 1 tsp Brightland's ALIVE into hot cast iron and add all the peppers. Season with a pinch of both salt and pepper. Allow to char and cook until tender and fragrant. Once cooked take out of cast iron and set aside.
- Drizzle 1 tsp Brightland's ALIVE into hot cast iron, add sliced onions. Season with a pinch of both salt and pepper. Allow to char and cook until tender and fragrant. Once cooked take out of cast iron and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp Brightland's ALIVE to medium/hot cast iron, add chopped garlic and allow to cook for 15 seconds. Add in 1 tbsp curry powder and 1 tsp red pepper flakes, stir to combine. Add in the cooked pepper and onions and stir to make sure everything is well seasoned.
- On a large plate pour seasoned peppers and onions. Cut corn off the cob and add into the mixture.
- Thinly slice radishes and spicy red pepper. Add to the corn, pepper and onion mixture. Crumble feta cheese, and sprinkle chopped chives over the top.
- Sprinkle a little salt, pepper and fresh curry powder over the top. Serve hot or at room temperature.