Olive Oil and Honey Granola
Homemade granola is our go-to breakfast for any time of year. We love to make a big batch for the week, to be added to yogurt, milk, or even smoothie bowls or stirred into baked good batters.
This recipe is modified from our friends at Eleven Madison Park, with a lightly honey-sweetened crunch from pistachios and pumpkin seeds.
- 2 ¾ cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup dried sour cherries
- ⅓ cup of Brightland California orange blossom honey
- 1/3 cup of Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- 1 Preheat oven to 300. In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pistachios, coconut, pumpkin seeds and salt.
- 2 In a small saucepan set over low heat, warm the sugar, honey and olive oil until the sugar has just dissolved, then remove from heat. Fold liquids into the mixture of oats, making sure to coat the dry ingredients well.
- 3 Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, and spread granola over it. Bake until dry and lightly golden, 35 to 40 minutes, stirring granola a few times along the way.
- 4 Remove granola from oven, and mix into it the dried sour cherries. Allow to cool to room temperature before transferring to a storage container. Makes about 6 cups.