BrightRx: Parmesan-Roasted Cabbage with Herby-Walnut VinaigretteRecipe by: Ariell Knutson
Welcome to April BrightRX — dedicated to sheet pan dinners. Why do we love sheet pan dinners? They require very little preparation and clean-up. So you can give your dishwasher a break tonight, and nourish with one of these warm, comforting, and light dinners.
- Medium green cabbage (about 1 ½ pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- ⅓ cup loosely packed parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 large lemon
- 6 Tbsp of Brightland AWAKE olive oil
- 1 Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 475°F.
- 2 Cut the cabbage through the core into 12 wedges. Lay the wedges down on a large, lightly oiled baking sheet and drizzle or brush with 3 tablespoons of Brightland’s AWAKE olive oil. Sprinkle with 3 teaspoons of grated Parmesan. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast the cabbage for 20 minutes.
- 3 While you roast the cabbage, make the herby-walnut salsa. Lightly toast the walnuts on the stovetop for about 1 minute on medium dry heat. When done, roughly chop.
- 4 Add the chopped walnuts to a bowl alongside the parsley, shallot, and the remaining 3 tablespoons of Brightland’s AWAKE olive oil. Zest and juice half of the lemon, and add to the bowl as well. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- 5 When the cabbage is done, spoon the herby-walnut mixture on top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Serve immediately.