BrightRx Special Edition: Peter Som
March marks the launch of our newest member of the Brightland family, ARISE, a fresh basil olive oil with a label designed by renowned fashion designer, Peter Som.
To fête the launch, we have a special edition of BrightRx this month. Two delectable recipes that show you how to cook with ARISE, straight from the kitchens of Peter Som and Brightland founder, Aishwarya, to yours with love.
Lemony Slow Roasted Crispy Eggplant
- 1 globe eggplant
- 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¾ cup puffed rice cereal
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup labne
- 1/4 cup of Brightland ARISE basil olive oil, plus more for finishing
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Using a mortar and pestle, spice grinder (or rolling pin!), crush coriander seed and combine in a small bowl with cumin, salt and pepper. Cut eggplant in half lengthwise and score lightly with a crosshatch pattern. Pour ¼ cup ARISE basil olive oil over both cut sides and then coat with spice mixture.
- 3 Place cut side up on a parchment-lined sheet pan and roast on middle rack of the oven for 40-45 minutes until soft and tender. During the last 10 minutes carefully place lemon flesh side up on sheet pan.
- 4 Remove from oven and carefully transfer to serving dish. Pour puffed rice cereal on top, then finish with ARISE basil olive oil, basil leaves and fleur de sel. Dip flesh side of roasted lemon into cayenne and serve alongside with labne. Serve immediately (but its also great at room temp!)