Cedar Planked Togarashi Salmon with Nori PestoRecipe by: Brad Prose
Use a cedar plank for a simple and elegant way to grill fish in the summertime. The fish picks up smoky and woodsy flavors while staying moist from the steam of the grill. Our friends at Wildwood Grilling shared this simple grilled salmon recipe with an umami-packed nori pesto for serving. The recipe comes together with our Summer Grilling Capsule and can easily be customized with a poached egg or served alongside grilled vegetables.
For the pesto
- 5 full sheets roasted nori
- 3/4 cup of Brightland LUCID lemon olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt, more to taste
- 1 tsp Togarashi (optional)
For the salmon
- Cedar grilling plank soaked in hot water for at least 20 minutes
- 1 lb salmon fillets, portioned or whole with skin
- 2 Tbsp Togarashi
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 4 portions of soba noodles
- 1 To prepare the pesto, get a large bowl of warm water. Dip the sheets of nori in the water to soften them for 1 minute, then place them in the blender with the remainder of the ingredients. Adjust salt as needed.
- 2 Prepare the soba noodles.
- 3 Preheat the grill to 400 degrees F.
- 4 Place the plank on the cooking grate and close the lid. When the plank begins to smoke and lightly char, use tongs to remove it from the grill, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 5 Close the lid to allow the grill to heat.
- 6 Season the salmon and place on the grill, skin side down on the plank (charred side up).
- 7 Grill the planked salmon for 10-15 minutes or until cooked. Remove from grill.
- 8 Top the soba noodles with the salmon and pesto and a drizzle of LUCID olive oil and coarse sea salt.