Honey Roasted Figs with Crème FraîcheRecipe by: Noreen Wasti
September marks the launch of a sweet addition to the Brightland family: two varieties of raw, unfiltered honey. Our Chef in Residence, Noreen Wasti, developed an elegant dessert recipe to show how to use our decadent Kauai Wildflower Honey.
"This is one of those simple desserts that’s so delicious and can be easily put together at the last minute. Jewel toned figs are roasted in the oven with Brightland’s Kauai wildflower honey, which is so floral with the most beautiful amber hue. Served with vanilla crème fraîche, a drizzle of LUCID lemon olive oil, and flaky salt — it’s truly stunning and impressive." - Noreen
- 20 ripe figs, halved
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Brightland Kauai Wildflower Honey, to drizzle
- Brightland LUCID lemon olive oil, to drizzle
- flaky salt
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400F.
- 2 Place the figs on a sheet pan (flesh side exposed) and drizzle generously with honey.
- 3 Roast in the oven until juicy and tender, about 20 minutes.
- 4 Combine the crème fraîche and vanilla in a small bowl, mix well.
- 5 To serve — swirl the crème fraîche on a plate and place the roasted figs on top.
- 6 Finish with a drizzle of honey, LUCID olive oil, and a sprinkle of flaky salt.