Lemon Olive Oil CookiesRecipe by: Sweet Laurel Bakery
We have teamed up with our friends at Sweet Laurel Bakery, a delightful paleo bakery based in Los Angeles, to create a bright lemon olive oil cookie for spring.
"I've always wanted to create a lemon cookie, so when I tried Brightland's LUCID lemon olive oil, I knew it would make the perfect "secret ingredient". These luscious lemon bites are lightly sweetened, with a subtle zest and elegant lemon rind ribbon. They're so lovely and I can't wait for you to try them!" - Laurel Gallucci, founder of Sweet Laurel Bakery
For the Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/4 cup of Brightland LUCID lemon olive oil
- 1/4 cup Brightland California orange blossom honey or 100% maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the Glaze
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons Brightland LUCID olive oil
- 1 Preheat the oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2 Stir all ingredients together in a bowl.
- 3 Place dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin. Using a circular cookie cutter or biscuit cutter (about 2-3 inches), cut out cookies and transfer to your prepared sheet. If dough is tricky to transfer, stick it in the freezer for a few minutes! This will make the cookies easier to transfer to a cookie sheet.
- 4 To garnish, cut small strips of lemon rind, and place on top of each cookie.
- 5 Bake for about 12 minutes, then allow cookies to cool completely.
- 6 Prepare your glaze by whisking together arrowroot powder and olive oil.
- 7 Dip cooled cookies in glaze for a zesty olive oil finish! Enjoy and store cookies at room temp in an airtight container for up to 3 days.