Fiery Masala CodRecipe by: Noreen Wasti
Brightland's Chef in Residence has shared the recipe for a flavorful, fiery cod dish that comes together quickly, ideal to spice up weeknight dinners.
"A thick, glossy, spice-filled masala is generously slathered over delicate cod — marinate and bake until flaky. This masala fish recipe is perfect for a simple and delicious weekday dinner. Throw a bunch of spices and aromatics into a food processor and there isn’t really much else to do. ARDOR is my choice of oil here, adding heat and a fiery red hue. Don’t skimp on the garnishes, they bring in freshness and brighten it all up. Enjoy with steamed basmati rice." - Noreen Wasti
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp besan (gram flour)
- juice from 1 lime
- 2 Tbsp Brightland ARDOR chili olive oil, plus more for the sheet pan
- 1 lb fresh cod fillets
- Garnishes — thinly sliced red onion, torn cilantro & mint leaves, sliced green chilies
- 1 Add the garlic, ginger, red chili powder, coriander seeds, cumin, turmeric, salt, besan, lime juice, and two tablespoons of ARDOR to a food processor. Pulse until you have a paste, add a splash of water if required to get it moving.
- 2 Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add a drizzle of ARDOR.
- 3 Lay the cod on the pan and spoon the marinade generously and evenly over the fish. Let marinate in the fridge for one hour.
- 4 Preheat the oven to 425F.
- 5 Bake the cod for around 15 minutes depending on the thickness — it should be cooked through, tender, and flake easily with an internal temperature of 145°.
- 6 Garnish with red onion, cilantro & mint, and green chilies to finish. Enjoy immediately.