Peach BruschettaRecipe by: Mehreen Karim
Take tomato bruschetta to new heights with the addition of stone fruit. Mehreen Karim, writer and recipe developer for Bon Appetit, has shared the recipe for a peach bruschetta that is destined to become a go-to snack this summer.
"This effortless snack boasts impressive flavors—tangy, sweet, savory, and herby—all thanks to juicy, ripe stone fruit and a hit of basil-infused olive oil. Brush ARISE, Brightland's basil-infused olive oil onto your bread before frying and drizzle on top of the tomato-peach medley." - Mehreen Karim
- 4-5 large slices country loaf bread
- 4 Tbsp of Brightland ARISE basil olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 cup diced peaches, about 1 medium peach
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp crushed red chili flakes
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1 Tbsp of Brightland California orange blossom honey
- 1 In a large mixing bowl, toss diced peaches, diced tomatoes, salt, chili flakes, honey, and lemon juice until combined, about one minute. Set aside.
- 2 Brush slices of bread with 2-3 Tbsp ARISE basil olive oil. Fry bread on a large skillet for 2 minutes on each side, or until deep golden brown. Alternatively, toast in a toaster oven until deep golden brown.
- 3 Cut garlic clove in half and rub toast with the cut side of the garlic clove, releasing garlic oil onto the toast.
- 4 Toss torn basil and remaining olive oil into the peach and tomato medley. Stir to combine.
- 5 Spoon peach and tomatoes on top of the garlicky fried toast. Finish with extra drizzle of olive oil, flaky salt, and basil.