From Noreen: "It’s almost always savory over sweet for me — especially when I’m reaching for a snack. These warm olives make for the perfect little bite when you just feel like grazing — bold, vibrant, and best of all come together in less than ten minutes. I use the lemony LUCID olive oil with RAPTURE balsamic vinegar, garlic, thyme, oregano, chili, fennel seeds, and lemon peel to create a delicious vinaigrette that’s almost like a warm bath for the olives to get cozy in."
"These are great as a nibble on a cheese board or just on their own for snacking. Make sure to have lots of bread to sop up all that flavor bomb oil."
Warm Olives in a Vibrant LUCID & RAPTURE Bath
By Noreen Wasti
- 1/2 cup LUCID olive oil
- 2 tbsp RAPTURE vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, peel only
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 whole dried red chili (optional if you’re sensitive to spice)
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 cups (about 12 ounces) castelvetrano olives*
* I used a combination of pitted and un-pitted castelvetrano olives, but almost any olive would work great here. No rules!
* These store great in the fridge allowing the flavors to infuse longer — just keep at room temperature for 20 minutes before enjoying or warm up in a pan on the stove for a couple minutes.
Heat the LUCID olive oil and RAPTURE vinegar in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat.
Once the oil is glistening add the garlic, lemon peel, thyme, oregano, chili flakes, dried red chili (if using), fennel seeds and let cook for about a minute to remove the rawness from the garlic and to let the herbs and spices bloom.
Add the olives in and sizzle gently, mixing and bathing the olives with the vinaigrette mixture for about 6 minutes.
Remove from the heat and serve immediately.