Autumn Sweet Potato Orzo SaladRecipe by: Chloé Crane-Leroux
To celebrate the launch of our rosemary-infused olive oil, AURORA, we're sharing a new recipe in collaboration with NYC-based photographer, Chloé Crane-Leroux.
"Are you bored with your salads? I know the feeling, and I have a tip for you. Dressings are what make a salad extra tasty. This Autumn Sweet Potato Orzo Salad is an all-time favorite, but most importantly, if paired with my Brightland rosemary-infused olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard dressing." - Chloé
- 5oz arugula (1 pack)
- 1 cup orzo
- 1/4 dried cranberries
- 2 shallots
- 1 large sweet potato sliced lengthwise
- 1 1/2 honeycrisp apple
- 1/3 cup vegan feta
- 1/4 cup sliced walnuts
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp of Brightland AURORA rosemary olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of Brightland RAPTURE balsamic vinegar for a delightful finishing.
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Turn oven to 400 F or air frier to 385 F. Slice lengthwise your large sweet potato. Coat in 1 tbsp olive oil and place on a pan or directly in air frier. Roast for 15-20 minutes until sweet potato is evenly cooked through.
- 2 In a pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Gently pour your orzo and let cook until al dente or as instructed on packaging. Once orzo is cooked, drain the water, and set aside.
- 3 On a cutting board, slice thinly your shallots and apples. Roughly chop walnuts. Once your potato slices have been cooked, place lengthwise on a large platter. In a separate bowl, coat your arugula in 2 tsp olive oil. On your platter, on top of your sweet potato, add your arugula, orzo, shallots, apples, walnuts, and dried cranberries. Crumble your feta on top. Chop your dill and add to salad. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4 For your dressing, mix 2 1/2 tbsp of AURORA rosemary-infused olive oil, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast. Mix well and drizzling dressing all over salad.