Spicy, Creamy Tomato PastaRecipe by: Noreen Wasti
Creamy, dreamy tomato pasta with just the right kick of spice — need we say more? This new recipe from our Chef in Residence is satisfying, comforting and extremely delicious.
"Are you even on the internet if you haven’t seen the viral Gigi Hadid vodka pasta or Carbone’s hyped spicy rigatoni? This version uses ARDOR chili olive oil for fiery spice and RAPTURE balsamic vinegar for a punch of acidity that mimics the role of vodka. I like to cook fresh plum tomatoes down for a while until they’re very jammy, it’s extremely forgiving and yields great flavor even if you don’t have the best tomatoes on hand. Finish with lots of grated parm, fresh basil, and of course an additional drizzle of ARDOR. All in all, it’s undeniable that this spicy creamy pasta is a true crowd pleaser." - Noreen Wasti
- 3 Tbsp of Brightland ARDOR chili olive oil, plus more to finish
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (adjust according to spice preference)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 lb fresh & ripe plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp of Brightland RAPTURE balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 10 ounces dried pasta of your choice, use a short pasta shape for best results
- parmigiano reggiano, to finish
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Reserve one cup of pasta water before straining. Make the sauce in the meantime.
- 2 Heat ARDOR chili olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- 3 Add the garlic, tomato paste, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- 4 Add the tomatoes with a 1/2 cup of pasta water, increase the heat to medium high and let bubble for 5 minutes.
- 5 Decrease the heat to a medium simmer and stir in the Rapture vinegar. Let cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and using a wooden spoon to crush the tomatoes. They should be very jammy and soft.
- 6 Add the heavy cream into the sauce, stir to combine. With the stove off, toss the cooked pasta into the sauce, mix well. Add pasta water as needed to create a glossy coating. Taste for seasoning.
- 7 To serve, generously grate parmigiano reggiano on top (I mean go crazy with the parm!) with a nice drizzle of Ardor. Finish with fresh basil leaves to garnish. Enjoy immediately!