Creamy Peach Popsicles with Olive Oil and Lemon VerbenaRecipe by: Noreen Wasti
Servings: 8 popsicles
We are so excited to introduce Brightland’s first Chef in Residence for Fall 2020: Meet Noreen Wasti. Noreen is a recipe developer, food stylist, writer, and content creator based in New York. Noreen attributes her love of cooking to her Pakistani heritage, childhood in Rhode Island and time abroad in the Middle East. “I love to cook, eat, and create. I am drawn to understanding and connecting the role food plays within culture and traditions,” she says.
Noreen cooks with intention, flavor and truly believes in the analog over digital (the Brightland ethos!). She will be conceptualizing special recipes for us each month which we look forward to sharing with the community, and will also share tips, how-tos and cooking demos. For her first Brightland recipe, Noreen has shared delightful Creamy Peach Popsicles with Olive Oil and Lemon Verbena. Read below for the summer treat you need to try.
“Pureed peaches with ALIVE is this delicious, bold combination that I found myself eating on its own with a spoon. Paired with creamy Greek yogurt, lemon verbena, lemon zest, and vanilla, this popsicle combo is fragrant, bright, and refreshing — exactly what I need on a warm summer day.” -Noreen Wasti
- 2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Handful fresh lemon verbena leaves (about 10 or so), finely chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 3 tsp of Brightland's Kauai Wildflower Honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 medium-size peaches, peeled and pitted
- Edible flowers, optional
- Popsicle mold and popsicle sticks
- 1/4 cup Brightland ALIVE olive oil
- Notes: If you’re unable to find lemon verbena, fresh basil is a great substitution. To easily release popsicles from the mold, run the bottom of the popsicle mold under warm water for 30 seconds.
- 1 In a medium-size bowl mix the greek yogurt, milk, lemon verbena, lemon zest, honey, and vanilla extract till combined, set aside.
- 2 Roughly slice the peaches and add to a food processor or blender, puree till smooth.
- 3 Transfer the peach puree to a bowl and add the olive oil, mix well.
- 4 Spoon the yogurt mixture, peach puree, and edible flowers (if using) into the popsicle mold, layering each until filled to the top. Repeat for 8 popsicles.
- 5 Place a popsicle stick into each popsicle and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.